Diwali Special Quinoa BISCUITS RECIPE
Oct 28, 2021
- Quinoa flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Melted Butter – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp (to sprinkle on top)
- Boiled Milk – 3 tbsp (in room temp)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – as needed
- Oil – to deep fry
- In a bowl , take melted butter, sugar , salt , cooking soda and beat well with your hands till it becomes creamy.
- To this add maida , cardamom powder and milk. Mix well to make a crumbly mixture. Lastly add water gradually and make a soft , stiff dough like we make for chapathi. Knead well for few minutes and set aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Make 5 even sized balls out of the dough and dust it well with Maida. Roll 1/4 inch thick chapati and cut them into small squares using a knife.
- Allow the squares to dry for 15 minutes before deep frying.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the square biscuits in batches. U can put all the biscuits together in oil ( no need to put one by one) .They get separated in oil as they cook. The most important thing is u should deep fry these biscuits in low to medium flame for even cooking and browning. Else they turn brown quickly without cooking inside. While frying , turn it twice or thrice only. Do not flip often as it may break the biscuit. Remove when the bubbles cease.
- Drain them in a paper. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top Mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely as these biscuits taste super crunchy only after cooling downlit tastes soft when hot.
- Store in an airtight box after it cools down. Enjoy!!
- Sprinkling sugar on top is optional. It is not mentioned in the original recipe. This biscuit tastes sweet by itself.
- Frying in medium heat oil is more important to get the crispness and uniform browning. Remove the biscuits after the bubbles cease well. But some bubbles may still be there. no problem!
- U can make diamond biscuits instead of squares. Its your choice !