Special Diwali Baked Chaklis
Chakli is one of the snacks that is associated with Diwali, so it is a must-include in our delicious Diwali recipe list. If you are watching your weight, deep fried chaklis are best avoided, but you don’t have to give up on chaklis entirely. You can always make a healthier version of chaklis. Here is the recipe for baked chaklis, try it and enjoy!
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Buckwheat flour- ½ cup
- Low-fat curd – 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- A pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
How to Make
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients to make semi-soft dough.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and grease it slightly with a tsp of oil.
- Add the kneaded dough to a chakli press and press out round swirls or spiral shapes on the greased baking paper.
- Then bake these chaklis in a preheated oven at 180°c for about 20-25 minutes or till golden brown.
- Let the chaklis cool and munch on with a cup of tea.