How to make Badam Kheer - Diwali Special Recipe
Oct 28, 2021
- Rinse ¼ cup almonds (about 35 almonds) and add them in a bowl. Then pour ⅓ cup hot boiling water. Cover and keep aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Peel the almonds. You just need to press the skin and it comes out easily.
- Take 3 to 4 of blanched almonds and slice them thinly.
- Add the remaining almonds in a grinder jar. Next add ¼ to ⅓ cup milk. Milk can be chilled or at room temperature.
- Next add 5 tablespoons of sugar or add as required. For a less sweet taste, you can add 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Next add seeds from 4 green cardamoms.
- Grind till smooth. The almonds should be ground very well to a smooth consistency. If there are coarse particles or chunks, then it can be irritating to the throat.
- Take 2.5 cups milk in a pan. Make sure that the pan is large enough so that the milk does not spill out while boiling.
- Keep the pan on a low flame and begin to heat milk till it comes to a boil. Stir at intervals so that the milk does not scorch from the bottom.
- Add 10 to 12 saffron strands.
- Simmer on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Do stir at intervals.
- Then add the almond paste.
- Mix very well with a spoon.
- Let the entire almond kheer come to a boil.
- Then switch off the flame. Scrape the evaporated and dried milk at the sides of the pan and add them in the badam kheer.